Specific and individualised plans and support – we provide tailored plans for students to ensure they meet their goals.
Senior School Pathways
Students can access ATAR and General courses combined with Certificate courses in their chosen career pathway. We provide alternative entries into University via the Vocational Education and Training pathway.
Senior School Engagement Program
A structured program that includes Work Placement, Certificate courses, Senior First Aid, White Card, Community projects, Volunteer work in the community, Resume writing and Interview skills.
Senior school students are provided with many opportunities to work in the industry of their choice. Our students currently complete Work Placement with many local and regional businesses.
Our students can combine a range of Certificate II courses, Pre-Apprenticeships and Traineeships in many industry areas. Students have also successfully completed Certificate III and IV courses throughout Years 11 and 12.
Despite our size we have successfully negotiated with TAFE’s, Private Training Organisations and Trade Training Centres to ensure students are completing courses that meet their pathway planning and future aspirations.
In 2018 we will be delivering Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation. Our staff will be able to provide outdoor activities available locally and within the region.
Why Harvey SHS?
Are you considering where your child will be educated in high school?
- Would you like your child to be able to choose a variety of Courses and Programs to suit their individual needs?
- Would you like your child to be able to stay in their home town with the opportunity to complete ATAR for entrance into University?
- Would you like your child to be able to combine School with a TAFE Certificate and Work place?
- Would you like your child to be taught by passionate, innovative and professional teachers who like children?
- Would you like your child to be in small classes, with engaging, relevant and stimulating curriculum that is specialised to each child’s learning style?
Career Counselling to look at Individual Career Pathways and assist students to make choices regarding courses and Certificates to enable them to enter into employment or further education.
This includes alternative entrance opportunities to attend University. We also support students and actively seek local apprenticeship opportunities in many Industry areas, plus Work Placement in many local and regional businesses.